Thursday, March 30, 2006

post-surgery update

It has been an exceptional recovery without any dizziness or nausea. I took four days off post-surgery. (I used the quiet time knitting away.) That forced me to sit still as I was keyed up at times with relief. For nearly a week now I have been back at work steadily. It has felt very good to be back in the routine and to feel a sense of ease in my life again. I felt the calm immediately upon awaking from surgery. The worst is over and I could move forward. The St. Paul's Hospital CI team and staff are kind and caring professionals and I feel blessed for their care.

Mom is a wonderful caregiver and I don't doubt that having a mom nearby speeds up the healing process. As a bonus for all her efforts, the women's Curling World Championships was in play and we were able to watch it all week. Mom is the sports biggest fan! Since Mom has no TV curling coverage at her home,she opted to stay the weekend with me to watch the finals. U.S lost to Sweden with a close game. Canada came in 3rd. When I am being "switched-on" on Thursday, April 6th, it will be the Men's turn to play the World Championships. (I know what mom is thinking. She claims she is coming back up for the switch-on of the Cochlear Implant... but it could be the switch-to the curling coverage?) Either way I will join her and in curiosity listen to the curling environment. Mom says there can be a whole lot of yelling going on on the part of the skip who is the captain and player of the team. I dare to hear anything that comes my way! Other family members have expressed desire to be a part of the CI switch-on experience.

I feel good. In the picture, I am modeling my first completed knitted sock. (blue). On my other foot is the sock Mom made for me a year ago. She inspired and coached me through the blue one. The cat is on the two quilts I made in recent years. Curling is on TV, of course.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Suzy.So great to know that all is going well.I too have been knitting up a storm and also finished my first sock. Perhaps we can compare when I fly into Vancouver on the 5th.Hope to see you then, Love Tess

Thu Mar 30, 10:06:00 AM 2006

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I still have (and use) Grandma Schnell's knitted mittens she made for me when I was a kid (I am not going to say how long ago!!) My mitts are blue and red - kinda like your socks (BOTH of them). Must be the Schnell gene.

Sooz, since you are the skip - you have the best rock in the house - make sure you tell your first, second and third to "SWEEP, SWEEEP, SWEEEEEP" and you will be sure to count your rocks in the end, eh?

Your Canadian Cuz, Deb

Thu Mar 30, 09:23:00 PM 2006

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Suzy. Thinking of you today and every day. Best wishes for "switch on" day! Warning those curling matches can get loud and crazy. Enjoy this awesome day.
Dave, Maggie and boys. XO

Thu Apr 06, 05:44:00 AM 2006

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Will be thinking and praying for you today. We are sure all will go
well this time. Best of luck from
Pat, John & Cricket

Thu Apr 06, 06:25:00 AM 2006

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Suzy, We are thinking about you!!
Love, Jean, Rich, and Lee

Thu Apr 06, 03:50:00 PM 2006

 

Post a Comment

<< Home