Thursday, February 02, 2006

The result of the CT Scan

The CT scan showed abnormality in the placement of the electrode array. It appears to be folded back on itself. This explains alot of the results I've been having. Before doing surgery for re-implantation, the surgeon wants to solicit some opinion from other surgeons before doing anything. They are also in contact with the experts at Cochlear Corp.

I am quite relieved, as this means better things to come. I know I am in very good hands, and the CI Team are bending over backwards to resolve the issue. I'm sure they wish they had a magic wand and could just make this all better. I will have surgery as soon as possible.

I have gone back to the hearing aids until this is resolved.

I thank every one of you for your support and encouragement through your thoughts and prayers by way of email and mailbox, to the girls who have to live with the frustration of the severe loss of hearing in the last few years. I thank the employers who are patient with me for the time required of the CI operation(s) and the extra adjustments that this has taken for me to settle back into my career.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I haven't checked your blog for a couple of weeks, assuming everything was going along better amd better...a bit of a surprise/disappointment for me when I checked it tonight.

Having said that, I can only say that the old saying, "the best things in life are worth waiting for" stands true in lots of areas of life, and I believe that this "hiccup" as you so literarily (is there such a word???) express it, is just that.

Chin up, Cuz - someday you will be looking back on this experience as a miracle.

Luv, Deb

Thu Feb 09, 10:22:00 PM 2006

 

Post a Comment

<< Home