Monday, December 12, 2005

Implant Day..



I am happy and well and at home. I was at St. Pauls from 11 to 8pm today. I was in the operating room shortly after one and I was "down under" (no pun intended) at 1:20 pm. Surgery was over by 3:45. While unconscious, the audiologist had checked the CI and found it in place perfectly. I have been groggy and alert off and on. Once home my dear mom made the most delicious prisoner's soup. Half way through the bowl I fell asleep.I awoke again an half hour later and finished it all up. I can be dopey one moment and alert the next.

Thank you to ALL of my family AND friends/co-workers, old and new, for your kind words of wisdom and encouragment in your email, phone calls, comments and prayers. Thank you to a fellow CI recipient, Shirley, for dropping in on your way to your mapping and giving me ease and encouragement just when I was getting anxious. Thank you Lauren, Kirsti and Alan for the lovely bouquet of flowers that were awaiting me when I got home. Thank you Bruce and Suzette for the very generous gift to which I place these photo memories. Thank you Mom for your beautiful love and care. Thank you Mark for the lovely gift, genuine companionship and love. I love you all. I am grateful to the kind staff, audiologist and surgeon at St. Pauls Hospital for their great care.

I made a couple of attempts to add pictures to this blog to reassure you I am fine and to show off my new hairdo. The computer is freezing, or perhaps it is my brain that is freezing. I will try again tomorrow. For now, I will attempt sleep with the pressure bandage that is wrapped around my head.

1 Comments:

Blogger Laurie said...

Hello Suzie! Glad to hear your surgery went well and that you are home recovering. I thought about you all day yesterday and knew exactly what you were going through. Can't wait to hear about your activation!

Your CI Friend, Laurie

Tue Dec 13, 07:54:00 AM 2005

 

Post a Comment

<< Home